How to Use Reservation System
- To make advance reservations for starting times, golfers must purchase a Department of Recreation and Parks Player Card.
- A Player Card will be issued to any person, 13 years and older, upon completion of application and payment of required fees. (ONLY ONE PLAYER CARD PER APPLICANT). Any additional applications received will be canceled, and NO REFUNDS will be issued.
- Applications are available at all golf courses, by telephoning (818) 291-9980, by visiting or writing the Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks, 3900 Chevy Chase Drive, Los Angeles 90039, attention “Golf Division” or by downloading the Golf Player Card Application.
NOTE: This document is in PDF format and must be viewed with Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download Acrobat Reader if it is not installed on your system.
- All cards will expire one year or three years from purchase date, depending on the card purchased.
One-year Player Card - $25.00 (Residents, Non-Residents and Seniors pay one fee).
Three-year Player Card - $65.00 (Residents, Non-Residents and Seniors pay one fee).
Resident Card - Proof of residency only - no reservation privileges - $10.00 one year, $25.00 three years.
SENIOR CARDS - 60 years of age and over; provide a copy of your California Drivers License or other picture identification with your birth date on it. Additional proof may be required.
LOS ANGELES CITY RESIDENTS - NO P.O. boxes permitted for resident status. Proof of residency will be required.
- PRIORITY GROUPINGS FOR RESERVATION CARDHOLDERS (APPLIES TO WEEKENDS ONLY):
GROUP A – GROUP B – GROUP C – GROUP D
Priority in the making of reservations will apply to weekend times only. “PRIORITY” DOES NOT APPLY FOR WEEKDAY RESERVATIONS.
Information as to priority sequence will be available at all times by calling the golf information number (818) 291-9980 or by obtaining a Weekend Priority Schedule at any city golf course. A print-out schedule will be mailed with your card and is also available at Weekend Priority Schedule.
- Reservations for play on the Los Angeles Municipal Golf Courses may be made by Telephone or Online, 1 reservation per day, ONLY ONE RESERVATION PER PHONE CALL and NO MORE THAN 16 DAYS IN ADVANCE.
- For all courses the telephone numbers (213) 625-2704, (818) 787-1233, (310) 216-2626 and (323) 226-9494 may be called for reservations prior to the day of play. These telephone numbers are open 24 hours a day. There may be times when the system is down for maintenance or other reasons beyond our control.
- Reservations made prior to the day of play may be obtained as follows:
RESERVATIONS FOR ANY WEEKDAY WILL NOT BE TAKEN UNTIL 8 A.M. NO MORE THAN 16 DAYS IN ADVANCE, WHETHER OR NOT IT IS A HOLIDAY.
As a City of Los Angeles Golf Player Card holder, you can reserve golf tee times SIXTEEN (16) days in advance. Now you can plan your weekend golf outing TWO WEEKS in advance instead of just five days in advance! We are now on a rolling 16 day tee time schedule. We still have our four priority groups (A, B, C and D) but the priority booking schedule has changed. Instead of booking your weekend priority tee time on Monday and Tuesday mornings for the following weekend, you will now book on Thursday and Friday mornings from 6:00 A.M. to 8:00 A.M. for the weekend TWO WEEKS in advance online! All other groups can book starting at 8:00 A.M. 16 days in advance! This new schedule of booking tee times 16 days in advance is available only on our web site. It is not available on our automated phone reservation system. Phone reservations may be made beginning at 7:30 A.M. Monday through Friday (non-holidays) by calling our golf reservation office at (818) 291-9980.
The City observes the following holidays:
- New Years Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day (3rd Monday in January)
- Washington’s Birthday (3rd Monday in February)
- Cesar Chavez (last Monday in March)
- Memorial Day (last Monday in May)
- Independence Day; (July 4th)
- Labor Day (1st Monday in September)
- Columbus Day (2nd Monday in October)
- Veteran’s Day
- Thanksgiving Day (by proclamation of the President)
- The Friday after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day (December 25th)
- Reservations may be made for singles, twosomes, threesomes, or foursomes with the exception of Harbor Park and Penmar, which allow fivesomes. The Department reserves the right to complete all foursomes and fivesomes. Only one reservation is allowed a card holder for any one day.
- Card holder having the reservation must pick up his/her tickets on the day of play AT LEAST FIFTEEN (15) MINUTES BEFORE the starting time and comply with the following:
- Present Player Card and picture ID (driver's license) to starter.
- Give names of the entire party to starter.
- All resident players must present Resident or Player Card in person.
- Pay green fees for entire party.
- Present Player Card and picture ID (driver's license) at first tee when required.
- Play in the group for which reservation is made.
- Failure to cancel for a reserved time will result in a penalty of $5.00 per person and will result in suspension of further reservation privileges until the penalty is paid. PAYMENT MAY BE MADE AT ANY OF THE MUNICIPAL GOLF COURSE OR TO THE DEPARTMENT OF RECREATION AND PARKS GOLF DIVISION, 3900 CHEVY CHASE DRIVE, LOS ANGELES CA 90039. Access to the reservation system will resume upon receipt of penalty payment.
- When paying at any City golf course, keep your receipt available for at least two weeks.
- When paying by mail, and you are not returning the bill, BE SURE TO WRITE YOUR CARD NUMBER AND THE WORD “GOLF” ON YOUR CHECK to assure proper credit immediately.
- YOU MAY CANCEL, MODIFY OR CONFIRM YOUR RESERVATION UNTIL 11:59 P.M. THE DAY BEFORE THROUGH THE RESERVATION PHONE SERVICE OR ONLINE. CANCELLATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BY CALLING THE COURSE DIRECTLY, AND YOU WILL BE SUBJECT TO A NO-SHOW PENALTY OF $5.00 PER PERSON.
Rules Regarding Player Cards and Reservations
- All card holders must show Player Cards to golf course officials upon request.
- The person making the reservation is responsible that all members of his/her party comply with all rules established by the Board of Recreation and Park Commissioners pertaining to the use of Los Angeles City golf courses.
- All card holders must abide by the etiquette of the game of golf as it pertains to good sportsmanship, fair play and good conduct.
- The card holder will be responsible for payment of green fees and penalty fees.
- Should bad weather make the use of a course hazardous and/or detrimental to the course, causing closing of said course, all reservations will be automatically canceled, and no penalties will apply.
- During inclement weather, it will be the golfer's responsibility to call the course to determine if the course has been officially closed.
- Refund will not be issued to any player once play has commenced.
- Cardholders are subject to such suspensions and restrictions as the Department may consider reasonable for failure to comply with the rules and regulations governing reservations, etiquette of the game, rules of play, and personal conduct.
- FEDERAL LAW - You are breaking the law if you use any type of equipment provided for the hearing impaired and you yourself are not impaired. Anyone proven to misuse any type of said equipment will have his/her reservation privileges permanently canceled.
GOLF DIVISION HEADQUARTERS
3900 Chevy Chase Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90039
Phone: (818) 291-9980
Fax: (818) 546-2371
Facility Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 7:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M.
Closed: Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays