January 7- March 11 Registration opens December 16!
About Tregnan Golf Academy
City of Los Angeles officials recognized the need for greater golf opportunities for youth. They envisioned a placed dedicated to young people, where youth could learn the game of golf, have fun, and be safe. From this dream came the opportunity of a lifetime-The Tregnan Golf Academy at Coolidge.
Built entirely by private donations and foundation grants, The Tregnan Golf Academy is a state-of-the-art training and practice facility designed primarily for youth. The Tregnan Golf Academy offers: three practice holes, 15-stall 200-yard driving range, putting areas, chipping area, practice bunker, and Learning Center.
About Marty Tregnan
Marty Tregnan was a passionate advocate of junior golf. Believing that golf fosters honesty, integrity, and character, Marty was an advocate for the development of junior golf programs and tournaments for the City of Los Angeles. As an aggressive champion of the rights of public golfers for over 40 years and, as president of the Municipal Golf Association, he fought to keep golf accessible and affordable for all. This Academy bears his name in recognition of his dedication and commitment to junior golf.
Tregnan Golf Academy’s mission is to introduce the game of golf to youth and provide them with the skills, knowledge and confidence to play the game their whole lives. The focus of the academy is to reach out to young people from urban areas that have little or no exposure to the game of golf by making the Academy accessible, affordable and enjoyable.
Code of Conduct
City of Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks Golf Division takes great pride in the quality of its customers, staff, and golf facilities. This Code of Conduct is to ensure a safe, friendly, and respectful place for golfers of all ages to learn the game.
Click HERE to view the Tregnan Golf Academy Code of Conduct.
City of Los Angeles Junior Golf takes great pride in the quality of its players, host facilities, and at each event. In order to continue offering a high quality, enjoyable experience for everyone, all participants are required to follow a set of guidelines known as the Player Code of Conduct. These guidelines are intended to promote growth and maturity by understanding and accepting consequences of their actions. The Player Code of Conduct is to be followed throughout the event.
Click HERE to view the Player Code of Conduct.
Current Academy students have access to a variety of programs:
- 9-Hole Tournaments
- Open Enrollment (Ages 7-17)
- Designed for participants ages 7 to 17, students will receive professional golf instruction, knowledge of rules, etiquette, safety, proper use of equipment, and development of necessary golf skills. Participants will be divided into classes based on age and playing ability. Lessons are taught in a maximum of 10 students per class. Classes are 8-weeks.
- Little Linkster Program (Ages 5-6)
- This class is designed for 5 and 6 year olds who show an interest in golf. Children will be introduced to the game through a series of fun games and activities. Equipment is modified for children’s safety and use. Children will learn the basics of putting, club handling, and full swing. Lessons are taught in a maximum of 8 students per class. Classes are 8-weeks.
- Family Golf
- Classes are designed to teach the game of golf to parent and child side by side. Child must be at least 6 years old. Sessions are limited to first 5 pairs to register. Classes held Sundays. Classes are 4-weeks.
- Women’s Golf
- Classes are designed for those who have never played or for those wanting to improve their skills and knowledge of the game. Get instruction in full swing, chipping, pitching, putting, bunker play, course strategy, and much more. Lessons are taught in a maximum of 10 students per class. Classes are 7-weeks.
- Senior Golf (Age 50+)
- Classes are designed for those who have never played or for those wanting to improve their skills and knowledge of the game. Get instruction in full swing, chipping, pitching, putting, bunker play, course strategy, and much more. Lessons are taught in a maximum 10 students per class. Classes are 7-weeks.
- Clinics and Camps
- Summer Camps (M-F 8a-12p)
- Week 1: June 12-16
- Week 2: June 19-23
- Week 3: June 26- 30
- Week 4: July 10-14
- Week 5: July 17-21
- Week 6: July 24-28
- Summer Camps (M-F 8a-12p)
- Open Practice Time
- Open to current students only.
- M- F – Hours vary- Please call to see if we are open and that practice time is available
- Not offered while classes are in session
Class Schedule and Application
Classes offered through the Tregnan Golf Academy are taught by professional instructors. All participants will be instructed in the knowledge of golf rules, etiquette, safety, and proper use of equipment.
Click here to access WEBTRAC and register for all Tregnan activities and classes.
Check back here for upcoming events.